“A good story knows no strangers.” – Wm. Paul Young
Hi there! I’m Kara Kemp and I am a speaker and storytelling coach for visionary leaders who wish to leverage the power of their personal narrative. For over two decades I have facilitated off-the-shelf approaches for strengthening work cultures and creative leaders. I have crafted systems for companies and individuals in non-profit and for-profit sectors. I work with organizations and leadership teams on how to harness the power of storytelling to maintain momentum in their field. I am a firm believer that communication and collaboration are the keystones to effective work cultures and to encourage bold choices that expedite success.
I am a Tennessee native with an eclectic career history in management as a managing director of a theatre company, hospitality crew chief for touring bands and am currently the general manager of Tangerine Salon and Spa, one of middle Tennessee’s largest Aveda Lifestyle Salons—named a top salon in the nation eight years in a row. I am the founder and producer of a national, award-winning storytelling event, United We Style, benefiting United Way, as well as co-creator and producer of The Bloom Stage, a multi-genre storytelling platform.
Education, Training and Experience
- BA, Theatre, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Managing Director, Actors Co-op, Knoxville, TN
- Dega Catering Crew Chief, Nashville, TN
- Qnity for Leaders with Tom Kuhn
- Brene Brown Courage Works online course
- Neill Corporation Culture and Leadership Training
- Structure and Cultural Development
- Red Chocolate Coaching with Virginia Meyer